Sunday, June 9, 2013

That was the day that was.

Prednisolone
Well that was a superb day yesterday, It was great weather and good friends and was really fun and we had a laugh, I did a bit of walking pushing the wheel chair and managed to eat a flat bread sub from Subway in Gunwharf, so taking the extra 10 mg of Prednisolone really did the trick and allowed me to enjoy the day. I did wonder about taking the extra 10 mg of Prednisolone, but then thought "What the Heck" I am 70 years of age this year so what have I got to lose. but that me I am afraid Totally stubborn.

Morning Coffee
Well I did not go to bed last night until turned 11.00 which is late for me and went off to sleep almost immediately, I slept well last night and woke at 3.45 to use the bathroom and then slept through until 8.30 when I got up and made a coffee to take into the lounge. I sent the morning text to pauline and then got some Gluten free porridge for breakfast before Pauline phones me back.

Pauline phones to say that they are all ok there and that the weather is cloudy and quite a chilly breeze blowing of the sea across the common, a big difference to the weather we had yesterday. anyway once I had spoken to Pauline I go and make a nice cup of Organic Peppermint tea. I got the tea bags yesterday at whittard,s of Chelsea in the Gunwharf quays yesterday, they have a wide variety of herbal and fruit teas there so will get some more from there later on.
Whittard,s store in Gunwharf Quays shopping complex in Portsmouth
Here are some more Photographs of Gunwharf Quays Shopping Complex.





On the Phone to Gervase

So That was yesterday so today will be a lot quieter I spent the morning resting and playing about on the computer with facebook and checking my emails, and at 12.00 Gervase phones to say he will be round between 1.00 and 2.00 and we can go out and get some shopping, I have not got a lot to get but he has a bit to get so we will be going up to Sainsburys at Farlington.

Gervase Arrives
So once I have spoken to Gervase I get myself a Strawberry Complan and a Banana for a light lunch as It is only 2 hours since I had Breakfast and then I get a wash and shave and get dressed ready for when Gervase gets here. Gervase arrives at about 1.40 and we get in the car and off we go to Sainsburys,  I like Sainsburys at Farlington as it is a big store and has a good size Gluten Free Department and also a fresh fish, cheese and Meat counters.
Once we are at Sainsburys we get a trolley and then go around the store getting the items that we want, I get some gluten free cereal and biscuits and then  we get to the checkout to pay for it before going back out into the car park to get the items into Gervase,s car before heading back home
Once home we get the shopping put away and then have a chat before Gervase heads back home to Leanne, and I settle down with a cup of tea to get todays journal written . I am glad I got some more gluten free and I just love the Wafer biscuits and the cheese oatcakes and also the Cornflakes.
Kelkin Belgian milk chocolate wafers Gluten free
Nairn's Gluten free Cheese oatcakes, Delicious with French Brie cheese.
Sainsburys Gluten Free  "Free From" Cornflakes 
And the Organic Peppermint tea from Whittard,s that I got Yesterday
Organic Peppermint tea.
Well that was another good day, not as hectic as yesterday but just as enjoyable and spending time with Gervase is always nice, and the invite to dinner next Sunday for Fathers Day, Leanne,s dad Dave will also be there as will Leanne,s mum  Elaine. anyway time to get this posted and then sort out dinner for tonight, Fresh plaice fillet with buttered new potato and Parsley sauce tonight, Excellent, so until tomorrow I will say Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment