Wednesday, March 7, 2012

After Tuesday is Wednesday.

☼ ☼ ☼ What a difference a day makes ☼ ☼ ☼
☂ ☂ ☂twenty four little hours ☂ ☂ ☂
Yesterday I woke up to brilliant blue skies and Sunshine, Today I wake up to Cloudy skies and Rain. here is how portsmouth looks this morning at 8.15.

It was a decent nights sleep last night, went to see my son Gervase and leanne yesterday evening, It was nice to see them and the 6 cats, Had a nice evening and Leanne,s dad Dave was there as well and he gave me a lift home about 9.30. Got in and made a cup of Ovaltine and then went to bed about 10.30 and slept through until 5.30 this morning, and then dozed on and off until 8.00 when I got up.

At 8.00 went into the kitchen to make the coffee and then into the lounge to watch the Morning Breakfast News on BBC1 and to await the arrival of Amanda my Happy Carer. while I am waiting I go on line with the laptop and check the emails and also see who is on facebook. I am waiting for the new macbook,s to come out with the new operating system,( Mountain lion), at the moment I have a 3 year old macbook, there is nothing wrong with it but as my eyesight has deteriorated over the last 3 years I nee do go up to either a 15 inch or a 17 inch screen, mine is only a 13 inch screen.

Urban Fox
At 8.40 Amanda arrives, she is not in a happy mood as she has trod in some dog mess on the pavement and has to take her shoe of to come indoors, anyway I find a little brush and get a tub of water and she manages to get her shoe cleaned, I do not know why dog owners do not clear up there "dog mess" on the pavements as it is an offence to let your dog mess on public area,s although with the amount of "Urban Foxes" around the area it may not be dogs ???.  Anyway she is now happy that her shoe is clean so I make her a coffee and then she soon has me washed and groomed and is on her way to the next client, in a happier mood.

Eastney Health Centre
Once Amanda has left I make a coffee and get some wheatabix for breakfast and then text Pauline to let her know all is OK. Pauline phones back to say that Gordon is not well and has gone back to bed, hopefully he is not going down with something, he has not been sleeping well the last couple of night,s so hopefully a good sleep will make him feel a lot better. anyway I ask Pauline to keep me updated and then I phone Eastney Health centre speak to my GP.

Pharmacy
The doctor rings me back about 11.00 and I have a chat about my appointment with the cardiologist at the end of the month and then ask her why on my repeat prescription form that there is no repeat order for (1) Thiamine Hydrochloride and (2) Vitamin B compound strong, as I take 3 of each per day. she checks on the system and then says that it looks like an error on there part as they should still be prescribed so she will write a prescription to be collected tomorrow, and will make sure it is on the next repeat form.

Smoked Haddock
so now it is time to think about lunch, At morrisons yesterday I brought a nice piece of Smoked haddock, so I am having that for my lunch today, 20 minutes in the oven wrapped in bacofoil, and cooked in Butter and served with a nice slice of bread and butter. "Yummy"
Lunch went down well so now I am going to watch a couple of old episodes of "Diagnosis Murder".

I was reading Christine burrow.s (aka Leather woman) Blog as I do every day  Chris was born in the UK but now lives in Winnipeg Canada, and has Myositis and Scleroderma. anyway she commented about my mentioning " Scrambled Eggs" in my "daily Journal" and so I thought that I would let you all Know how I do mine, The original way was to cook them on the stove in a saucepan, but I now do mine in the microwave.
Scrambled Eggs:
Scrambled egg on toast.
take 2 medium chicken eggs, Break them into a pyrex or other microwave safe jug, add a small amount of milk and whisk with a fork, put into a microwave oven and cook on 80% full power (850 watt oven) for 40 seconds. Remove whisk with fork and add a small knob of butter, put back in oven and cook on 80% full power for 40 seconds. Remove and whisk. return and cook on full power for 30 seconds. remove from oven and add another knob of butter, season to taste with salt and pepper  whisk and serve with buttered toast.

Portsmouth at 3.05 pm this afternoon.
Well the rain has now gone and we are back to sunshine and blue skies, have just had a phone call from Gervase to say the Locksmith will be round tomorrow about 10.00 and also I have had a new cell phone delivered today, it is a nokia and I have not got the strength in my fingers to press and slide the back off to insert the sim card and battery, oh well, gervase can do it for me tomorrow when he comes in to see me.


On that note I am feeling peckish so off to make some scrambled egg, so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment