Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shopping day at Asda Today.

Waking up to Sunshine streaming through the curtains is a pleasing experience, waking to a dull dismal grey day, is not so pleasing. and that is what it is this morning, a very grey cloudy day as this mornings  photo from the live web cam at Portsmouth harbour shows.
Portsmouth at 8.50 this Morning
  It was a pretty OK sleep last night, woke up at 3.00 this morning with a headache, but after a glass or two of water that cleared within 5 minutes and then went back to sleep, always seem to have problems with Dehydration when I have the central heating on.
BBC Breakfast News.
Woke again at 7.00 and lazed around until 8.00 when I decided to get up and go into the lounge to await Amanda so grab a nice hot coffee and put on the TV to watch the morning news.

The event of today is the Queens speech to Parliment, in the year of her Diamond Jubilee, it is only the second time in History that a British monarch has reached a Diamond Jubilee, the last one was Queen Victoria 1n 1897.

Its Happy Amanda
At 8.40 Amanda arrives, she is disappointed that today is a bit dull and dismal, but at least it is dry, anyway she is pleased with the new Tyre,s on her bike and said that she could certainly tell the difference yesterday, however she soon gets me washed and Groomed and is then on her way to the next client. Once Amanda has Gone I get another coffee and some Porridge for breakfast and then text pauline to let her know that all is OK.

Pauline phones back to see what the plan is for today, I think today it will be a trip to Asda so Pauline has to take Misty out for her morning walk on Southsea common so we decide that she will book a Taxi for 11.00 to come and collect me and the wheelchair and then we can go off to Asda at Fratton.
Misty on Southsea Common.
Nearly Ready !!
The time is now 9.50 and Pauline will be here with the Taxi at about 11.10 so I decide to get on the laptop and check the e-mails and then I will get a shave and get dressed ready for going out to Asda. I need to allow at least 40 minutes to get a shave and get dressed ( I can remember the days it took 10 minutes) Oh well those days are now behind me. Anyway I delete all the spam, check facebook and the get ready

Once I have got shaved and dressed I make a nice cup of tea and then settle down with the TV until pauline gets here.
Pauline the Trolley Dolly.
At 11.05 Pauline arrives and the driver gets the wheelchair into the Taxi and off we go to Asda, it only takes about 5 minutes to get there so the wheelchair is got out of the Taxi and I decide I will walk and push it for a bit, so Pauline gets a small shopping cart, and I push the wheelchair and off we go around Asda.

It is going ok until we get to the chilled ready meal section, I should know better by now, but I just do not think !! I reached up to get a meal of of the shelf and it was slightly behind me so turned my head and pulled one of my neck muscle,s so that was it, it was so uncomfortable and painful that I decided to get into the wheel chair to finish of the shopping.  at least it was not to bad after about 20 minutes but I must learn to think before I act. anyway carried on with the shopping and then got the Taxi back home.

Once we are back home we get the shopping put away and then settle down with a Pasty and a nice coffee for lunch, Pauline brought my shirts that she had washed and ironed when she came this morning so we get those hung up, and then at 1.15 pauline decides that she will walk home today so she gets ready and is then on her way.
I decide that I will rest my neck this afternoon so will watch an episode of "little house on the Prairie" that I recorded on sky last night, and once that is finished I get on the laptop to get this journal done.

Well the time is now 4.47. so It is nearly time to think about Dinner as I need to have an early dinner today as I will be going down to see Leanne and Gervase tonight for a couple of hours. I got a nice Sea Bass fillet at Asda so will have that with mash potato and Cauliflower in a cheese sauce.

So I need to get that started so that it will be ready for 6.00 tonight. so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to remember all the new things to do or not to do. I had a soy cheese sandwich today but the cheese was on top of a asmall bun so I held it in place with my fingers. Of course I ended uo with blue fingers, so ridiculous but that is the new us!

    ReplyDelete