|A Restless night|
Pauline phones back and says that she will book the Taxi to take us shopping at 10.45, so as it is now 9.30 I go and get a shave and get dressed so that I will be ready for when Pauline gets here, while I am having a shave the postman delivers a letter, and this is where the day started to get interesting.
- It was addressed to "Mrs F Smith ( Have I had a sex change)
- It was addressed to my old address ( I moved 3 months ago)
- It was typed on a photocopied ageuk headed paper
- I had no prior knowledge that my personal details were disclosed to an outside organisation.
- I was not asked by Portsmouth Adult Social care if my Personal details could be disclosed to an outside organisation.
|Portsmouth Civic Offices.|
- Yes it was a genuine letter
- it was not professional that it had been typed on photocopied headed paper.
- I should have been informed that I would be contacted by Ageuk
- I should certainly have been asked to give permission for my personal details to be given to a third party.
- my correct details ( once permission had been obtained) should have been given to ageuk ( Why did ageuk have my details from 3 months ago ?)
I have no problems with either ageuk or with Adult social care, it is the System that is at fault in this instance and I would expect it is mainly to do with the austerity cuts in the NHS Budget and in the local council budget that is causing these kinds of problems, and safeguards should be put in place to safeguard the elderly and disabled. ( Rant Over)
Ok then so I am now off my soapbox and then we went shopping, First of all we went to the Heart Foundation charity shop in the precinct to drop off a load of my Ties I have no Further use for
After that we went to Wilkinsons which is just opposite and Pauline got some bits and Pieces for Charlie their cat, after that I needed to go to the Nationwide Building society and then into Holland and Barrett the health food shop to get some "Gluten Free Items"
So that is about it for today, so I will say Tatty Bye until tomorrow and get this journal posted.