Wednesday, December 5, 2012

another bright but cold day here in Portsmouth.


Well so here we are on Wednesday, It is a bright but chilly day here in Portsmouth today, but we are lucky as there was snow falling in the north of the county and also to the west of us in Dorset and Wiltshire, and to the east in Sussex and Kent. below is the snow falling in West Sussex.


Well at least it did not reach us, but as I have said before we are Surrounded by the sea and protected by the Isle of Wight in the Solent and by the South and North down,s chalk hills to the north of Portsmouth, as you can see by the map below.


stay snuggled in bed
It was a decent nights sleep last night, went to bed about 10.30 to listen to the Quiz on Radio solent, the next thing I know it is 2.20 and I need to go to the bathroom, went back to bed and woke again at about 6.45 so a decent nights sleep overall, so at 7.00 went and made a coffee and took back to bed, it is very cold this morning so stay in bed listening to Radio Solent, until 8.15 when the heating has been on and warmed the flat up a bit, I do not like it too hot otherwise it affects my breathing slightly so try and keep a constant 18.5 degrees C during the day and 19.0 degrees C in the evening. That seem s to be comfortable for me.

My Carer.
At 8.15 I make another coffee and go into the lounge to listen to the radio and check out emails and facebook while waiting for my carer, who arrives at 8.45. I does not take her long to get me sorted, we have a chat and she takes the completed form for what days I need care over the holidays and off she goes to her next client.

Gluten Free Breakfast
Once Carol has left I text Pauline to let her know all is OK and then decide to get some breakfast.Yesterday while Out shopping I went into the health shop and got some gluten free Cornflakes, as I am finding that the days that I have wheat and/or Gluten free food my digestion is better so I am going to go gluten and wheat free for a month and see if it does make a difference or if it is just me. anyway I have some of those cornflakes for breakfast and then Pauline phones back to say all is OK there.

Now George Osborne our chancellor is making his Autumn budget speech today so I want to listen to that live on the radio so I get dressed and go round to get my morning paper before that starts. once I have the paper I get back home and get a coffee made just ready for when the chancellor starts his speech. Much as everybody thought it would be a load of pulling the wool over peoples eyes the end result is that we will all be worse off next year apart from the rich who will get richer as the poor get poorer.

Chicken Soup
So that was not as interesting as I thought it would be but at least it made a change from watching morning TV, anyway it is now 12,30 so I am going for a lie down for 30 minutes and then I will get myself some chicken soup for lunch, I cannot find any tins of gluten or wheat free soups so I am contemplating buying myself one of the electric soup makers, I could do it in the slow cooker but always end up throwing half of it away as I make to much and I do not freeze food or use frozen food,

Watching the TV
Well the chicken soup went down a treat with a slice of toast and I also had a Gluten Free Mince pie to follow it. and now for an afternoon of some old TV sitcom,s and then at 3.00 I will start to get todays journal started. anyway I watch a episode of "As time goes bye" and then an episode of " Keeping up appearances" it is now 4.25 and the nights are closing in, the lights on the christmas tree are switched on and the curtains drawn so now to get this Journal finished and posted and settle down to a nice evening of TV with dinner at 6.30 of chicken with Mash Potato, Cauliflower and sprouts. Excellent. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty bye.





No comments:

Post a Comment