Friday, December 7, 2012

Another Freaky Friday is upon us.

♬ ♬ ♬ Its Methotrexate Friday, Methotrexate Friday ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ La la lala, La la lala ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ I,m taking it at lunchtime, Taking it at lunchtime ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ La la lala. La la lala ♬ ♬ ♬

and so it goes on but I won't bore you any further

So here we are at another Friday and guess what folk ? Yep, there are only 18 more days to go until christmas.

Panic time
Well as we start the day I can say that last night was a decent nights sleep, I slept from about 11.30 until 8.20 this morning, apart from when I woke at about 3.30 to go to the bathroom, and then it was a panic to get the morning coffee made and into the lounge ready for my carer who just happened to arrive at 8.35 today, but anyway I was ready so that was ok.

Watch out, here comes Carol
Anyway carol my carer is early today as she has a early finish today so she is looking forward to that so it does not take her long to get me sorted for the day ahead and then she is on her way, Her car is in for an mot today so she is driving her partners car and it is a lot bigger than her car so she is not happy driving it, and he keeps phoning to make sure she is OK as the last twice she has driven it she has had minor accidents. He is a brave man letting her drive it again.

Anyway Once carol has gone I text pauline and then Get myself some Breakfast. Pauline phones back to say that they are up in Salisbury to do the two jobs up there and then they are going of down to Weymouth to visit friends for the weekend, and will be back on Sunday so hope the weather stays dry for them.

Now Today is my first full day of going on a Gluten free diet, I am looking forward to it and will be interesting to see if it helps with my Digestion and my IBS, so I will see how it goes for a month and if it helps, hopefully it will so For Breakfast I have a bowl of Nairn's Gluten Free Instant porridge with a Banana. This is easy and simple to make and takes 2.5 minutes in a 800w Microwave.

Once I have had breakfast I decide that I will wrap up warm and go round to the Tesco express to get a morning paper, But before that I need to give the Vegetable and chicken soup that I have in the  slow cooker a stir. When I was out with Pauline shopping yesterday I got some fresh vegetable stew pack and a couple chicken breast quarters on the bone and I will be having one for dinner tonight and one is in the slow cooker with the vegetable to make a soup for lunch. I will make enough for 3 days lunch for less than £2.00 GBP. and totally Gluten Free.

Chicken and Vegetable soup cooking in the Slow Cooker.

Once I have given that a stir I get my outdoor clothes on and head out into the cold to get my Morning Paper, It is a nice bright winter morning out there today although it is cold and crisp with a temperature of 6C, but feels colder as there is a north easterly wind blowing , here is how it looked from my kitchen door at 9.00 am this morning.

From my Kitchen door this morning.
Achey legs.
One I have my paper I make my way back home and settle down with a coffee to read the paper and to do the crosswords, it is a nice relaxing day today so far although my leg and calf muscles are aching a bit today, I think it is partly the cold weather, and partly too much walking yesterday when I was out with Pauline and also partly this stupid Myositis. anyway I took my 15 mg of Prednisolone after breakfast and will take my 15 mg of Methotrexate after lunch so a quiet and lazy afternoon ahead I think.

Well once I have read the paper and done the crossword it is time to think about having some lunch. I also got some Gluten free Bouillon yesterday so I add some of that to the slow cooker along with a Knorr Gluten free Chicken stock cube. everything is smelling really tasty so I divide the soup up into 3 portions, two to go into the fridge when it has got cold and one into a dish to have for lunch today with a couple of DS Gluten free crispbread.
Homemade Chicken and Vegetable soup 100% fresh ingredients and 100% Gluten Free 
Gluten Free Soya Desert.
Once I had finished lunch I watched the lunchtime news on the TV for 30 minutes and then made a coffee before taking my Methotrexate, it was then time for a cat nap for an hour until 3.00 when it was time to get up and start to get todays journal written, at 3.45 I made a coffee  and then I got the vegetable prepared ready for dinner tonight, I am have roast chicken tonight with Organic Potato, Sprouts and Broccoli, I will start dinner about 5.30 and it will be ready for about 6.15 so I enjoy that and I have some Provamel Gluten free Soya deserts so that will complete my first day of 100% Gluten free.

Well there we are then folks and now for an evening of relaxation and TV so it was not as difficult as I thought it would be to go Gluten free, it is just probably going to take more time shopping to find the gluten free items although most supermarkets seem to have a section of " Free From" and also to pay more attention to Manufactures labels and to cut out all processed and ready meals and stay with fresh organic vegetables, anyway I will keep you all updated as to how it is going and what I find out, so I will now get this posted and say a fond farewell until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment