Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hooray for Blue Skies.

♬ ♪ ♪ ♬  The Sun Has got his hat on, Hip, Hip, Hip Hooray ♬ ♪ ♪ ♬
♬ ♪ ♪ ♬ The Sun has got his hat on, and he's coming out today ♬ ♪ ♪ ♬

♬ ♪ ♪ ♬  Now we will all be happy, Hip, Hip, Hip, Hooray ♬ ♪ ♪ ♬
♬ ♪ ♪ ♬ The Sun has got his hat on and he's coming out to play ♬ ♪ ♪ ♬

And so I was walking around the house singing that little ditty this morning.  and believe me seeing me "Strutting my stuff" around the house at 7.45 in the morning,  is not a pretty sight, in fact it is enough to put most people off of their breakfast ( well it puts me off my breakfast if I catch sight of myself in the mirror )

The sight that I saw when I pulled back the curtains this morning certainly brightened my day as you can see the sky was blue and the sun was shining.
My Back Yard at 8.00 am this Morning
And so another day begins. After Yesterdays Methotrexate and the low dose day of the prednisolone, I am glad to say that the "Yucky Feeling" has subsided overnight and I am feeling a lot brighter this morning, still a distinct lack of energy which seems to be part of the course of tapering the prednisolone but certainly an improvement on yesterday so that is it until next friday when it all starts again " sigh "
Tapering the Prednisolone again.
Complan fortified drink
Any how on with the journal. Got to bed about 11.00 ish last night dropped right of to sleep and slept right through until 7.15 this morning so well pleased with that, One thing I did do last night about an hour before bed and that was, that I had a hot chocolate Complan drink, now if that had anything to do with it or not I do not know, but I will try again tonight and see if it makes a difference or not 

Floods in Mid Wales.
Stayed in bed until 8.00 and then got up took the photo of my back yard with the blue sky and sunshine ( see above) and then made my morning coffee and took that into the lounge to watch the morning news and to wait for Jo the carer. The news today is about the terrible conditions in wales with the flooded houses, villages and caravan sites in Ceredigion 100 firefighters have been involved in the rescue operations along with the RNLI and other emergency services.
A nice shave
 Jo arrives at 8.40 and has another busy day, she is glad to see the sunshine after yesterday and is pleased that the gales have ceased, anyway she gets me washed and groomed and then is on her way. I have also had a nice shave this morning as I have not shaved since Thursday so that feels better, ( did not feel like doing anything yesterday) and now I get myself a nice bowl of "Alpen Porridge" for breakfast before texting Pauline.

Washing up
The next thing to do is to get dressed and then onto the laptop to check out the e-mails and facebook. once that is done I get the graphic done for todays (Day in History) and then watch the TV for a bit. they are showing some old episodes of the sitcom " dinner ladies" with Victoria wood on the gold channel, Pauline phones to say that all is OK and then I make a coffee, have a Banana, and then get the washing up done from Breakfast.

Once that has been done I decide that I need to get some fresh air as I am going "Stir Crazy" being stuck indoors as I have not been out of the house since Wednesday, so I take the wheelchair to use as a walker incase I get to tired and take a stroll round to the tesco express to get a paper, while there I also get a couple of minced beef pasty,s and a packet of crisps and then take a walk around the block back home.  Now that I enjoyed so I must try and get out like that a bit more when the weather is nice, have not done that since I collapsed when I was out in February, I think a lot of it is down to self confidence as I am fine around the house or when out with Pauline or Gervase. Must get a grip on life again. Not yet ready for a "Mobility scooter"
Tesco Express, Goldsmith Avenue.
Well once back home it is 11.40 and feeling Hungry so I put a pasty in the oven for 30 minutes to heat up  and then at 12.10 I have the pasty with a packet of crisps and a cup of tea for lunch, so that is OK. so now it is time for a lie down for an hour until 1.30 when there is a film on TV that I want to watch. It is a 1965 film "Coast of Skeletons" starring Richard Todd and Dale Robertson

Coast of Skeletons Cinema poster
Well there we go then, is about how my day has been. A lot better than yesterday, but for some reason I seem to want to keep eating today, but must watch my weight, anyway time for a mars bar I think. lol. Decided on four biscuits instead, now the question is are they Foxes Biscuits or not, only me and Vinnie the Panda Knows that. I have been sworn to keep that a secret.
Vinnie the foxes Biscuit Panda
Ok so how is the Olympic torch relay going, it is now into day 22 and travel,s from Glasgow to Inverness The picture below is of Samantha Mcinnes who suffers from ME. carrying the Torch through Dumbarton. 
The Torch going through Dumbarton.
The time is now approaching 3.40 so it is nearly time to get this Journal posted so I will add todays "Day in History" graphic and then say bye bye until tomorrow. Todays Day in History is from the 9th June 1934.


Until Tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment