Tuesday, June 12, 2012

off Shopping today.

A Damp Day Ahead
Well here we are again and Surprise, surprise its Raining Again, Don't think its stopped at all overnight so another damp day ahead. Anyhow it was a decent nights sleep last night and woke this morning about 6.30 and got up at 7.15 and made the coffee to take into the lounge as is normal in the morning and await the arrival of Jo my Carer.

Texting pauline
Jo arrives at 8.30 and is wet and cold so a hot tea is in order and then she gets me washed and groomed and is on her way to her next client and I get some breakfast and then send the morning text to Pauline. Pauline phones back to say all is OK and that she will book a Taxi for 11.00 this morning to come and collect me and the Wheelchair and then we can go down to the city centre to get the banking and shopping done.

So as the time is now 9.15 I have an hour to check facebook and the e-mails and then go to have my shave and get dressed ready for Pauline when she arrives. Pauline arrives at 11.10 and once we have the wheelchair in the car we are off down to Commercial road.
Pauline needs to go to the main Post Office to get a form for Gordon so we get the Taxi to drop us off in Slindon Street, and while pauline goes into the Post Office, I walk pushing the wheelchair round to the Bank in the Precinct
Slindon Street and the Main Post Office
 Once I have completed what I have to do at the bank I sit and wait for Pauline to meet me in the Precinct after she has been to the Post Office. At least it has stopped raining, still very grey and dull and not very warm but at least it is dry. Once pauline arrives we then go into Debenham,s and then make our way along the precinct to go to Morrisons to get the food shopping.
Morrisons in Portsmouth
Once in Morrisons we have a sit down in the cafeteria and have a coffee and a Sandwich for lunch and I have an apple pie afterwards and Pauline has an Eccles cake. While in there I see and have a chat with an old workmate from 11 years ago so that was nice. I have been walking and pushing the wheelchair up until we got to Morrison,s but that is about enough for me today that is the longest I have walked for the last 4 months so well pleased with that, Anyway Pauline now Pushes me in the wheelchair and we get the shopping and then we get a taxi Home.
Pauline and my Laundry.
Once home we get the shopping put away and I make a coffee and we sit and have a chat and then we get the laundry  put away that Pauline brought back with her today all nicely washed and Ironed and she takes another lot with her , She is a true angel "Thank You Pauline"

Soon Pauline is on her way and it is 3.10 so I am going for a 30 minute nap and then I will get this Journal completed.
Well it is now 3.45 so that was a nice short nap. So I am now going to check to see how the Olympic Torch Relay is going Today. I was up early to watch Kate Barnett  who also has Dermatomyositis run on the live feed from the BBC but I could not get the live stream. Kate ran at 7.33 this morning here is the piece from the live text.

0733: Katherine Barnett, 41, who - despite battling breast cancer in 2008 - raised £11,500 for Cancer Research UK by running the charity's Race for Life, has had her spell with the torch. She has continued to raise funds since then, despite suffering from an illness affecting her immune system, and also regularly tidies up her village as a member of the Better Balmedie Group.


The Torch is on Day 25 today going from Aberdeen to Dundee.


The torch passing through Montrose

Well it is now 5.00 and it is time to get a coffee made and dinner in the oven and settle down to watch Pointless. so I will leave you with Todays "Day in History" from 1929 and bid you all farewell until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment