Saturday, May 5, 2012

Repetition is boring.

It must be a Groundhog again.
♫ ♫ ♫ Pick yourself Up, Dust yourself down, and start all over again. ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ and so it goes on and on and on, This weather is becoming very boring at the moment, there seems to be no let up in the cold and the wind and the rain, reminds me of the film "Groundhog Day" when I wake up every morning, pull back the curtains, and the day is exactly the same as it was yesterday.

OH well this is life I suppose, It is typical over here in the UK that when you get a Bank Holiday weekend then the weather seems to deteriorate, it is a shame really as this weekend there were lots of events being held in Southsea, There is a "Heavy horse show" at Castle field,s, A fun fair on the common and 3 days of events at the naval dockyard to remember the 30th Anniversary of the Falkland Conflict.

However all I can really say to you all is.................
A Very Wet Saturday
The good news is that fingers crossed my sleep pattern is starting to become regular, and this weekend so far I have not had such a yucky effect from the Methotrexate, so all in all it is pretty good apart from the weather. I slept from 11.00 until 6,45 this morning and got up at 8.00, got a coffee and into the lounge to await the Carer. I am spoilt today with the TV as on the "True Entertainment Channel" they are showing Back to Back episodes of series 8 of "The Walton,s"
Series 8 of The Walton,s
Todays Breakfast
 However Jo the carer arrives very wet and windswept at 8.50, so I make her a cup of tea and she gets me washed and groomed and is then on her way to her next client and I go and get some wheatabix for breakfast before sending the usual text to Pauline to let her know all is Ok here. Pauline phones back to say all is OK and that her sister Fran and Nephew Stewie are down with them today, as Stewie is helping Gordon put up some ceiling coving in the lounge.

Words with Friends
Now that breakfast is over I go and get dressed and then settle back down with the walton,s and also go online with the laptop to check emails and Facebook, It looks like it is going to be a very quiet day today, the weather is not improving and once I have the emails checked it is time to get on with making another coffee before playing a few games of "Words with Friends" on Facebook

Well the time is passing by and it is approaching noon, it will soon be time to start thinking about lunch.
The one good thing that comes out of the adverse weather is that you get very few people coming round and stuffing leaflets through the letter box. I have just been and checked the Live webcam site at Portsmouth harbour and have captured the live photo of how Portsmouth looks at 11.55 today.
Portsmouth at noon Today "Dull and Dreary"
On the laptop
Anyway it is now time to think about getting some lunch, I am feeling a little peckish today so blow the calories and i have two buttered crisp breads with some egg mayonnaise followed by a cornish cream Lemon curd yoghurt, a Banana and a mars bar. Yes I know it is Naughty, and unhealthy but Tough, it was enjoyable. So that is lunch over with and now to make a nice cup of tea and then get back on the laptop and get this Journal started. and then I can get it posted as the time is pushing on and it is now 3.30.

So here we are that is Todays not so exciting journal finished, and now to just add the " Date in History for today so that I can say I have added a touch of culture to my Journal and then I can think about dinner tonight, I am having a pork loin steak with new potato, Cauliflower, Broccoli, and swede and Carrot Mash with a nice thick Gravy, so roll on dinner time at 6.00 pm, so I will leave you with todays "Date in History" and say Tatty bye until tomorrow.
Todays date in History.

No comments:

Post a Comment