Thursday, May 3, 2012

A wet shopping Day.

Restless Night.
And another day of rain is upon us. It was not the best nights sleep last night, it was very close and humid last night and I had a very restless night, I kept waking up every couple of hours and then going straight back to sleep again, I said t Pauline about it when I saw her today and she said that she felt that it was very warm and close last night, so glad it wasn't just me.

Well at 7.30 I had had enough so decided that I might as well get up and have a coffee in the lounge and watch the breakfast news on TV. it just gets more depressing as the days go by, everyday they are going on about the Economy and the double dip recession, well It is not the first time it ha happened, and it won,t be the last. we all have to many bills and not enough money.
2012 UK Recession.
Jo On her Cycle
Anyway it is still raining outside although it is not heavy rain, Jo the carer arrives at 8.30, she was lucky as it was not raining when she left her last client so got here and just as it started to rain again, it does not take her long to get me washed and groomed and then after a cup of tea and a chat she is on her way, so I get another coffee and some wheatabix for breakfast and also text Pauline to let her know all is Ok here.

The time is now 9.30 and pauline phones to say that she will be booking a Taxi at 10 45 to come and collect me and then we will be going down to the city centre precinct and then to Morrisons at the victory retail park to get the food shopping. so I go on line to check my e-mails and then go and have a shave and get dressed ready for when Pauline arrives.

Pauline arrives at 10 55 and we get the wheelchair in the car and then off we go to the City centre precinct, it is a very damp and cool day today, however the Taxi drops us at the precinct just behind Boots the chemist, so the first place we have to go is into boots to get a couple of items so off we go and get them.
Boots the Chemist in the Precinct. (stock Photo)
We get what we need at boots and then make our way over to an ATM Machine so I can get some money out and then off to Specsavers, as I need to take in the new spectacles I got on Tuesday as they need a slight adjustment made, as they are tight and press a bit to hard on the side of my head above the ears so the girl in their does that for me and they feel a lot better to wear now, they also refit a lens that had fallen out of Pauline,s glasses at the same time so we are pleased with the service we got from Specsavers today.
Specsavers City Centre Precinct (Stock Photo)
So now we are going to make our way through Sainsburys car park towards the Victory retail Park and Morrisons, it is raining slightly so need to have a umbrella up, and Pauline has her rain hood up as well, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to walk there, crossing two busy roads along the way, it is a good job they both have light controlled pedestrian crossing,s or else there is no way we could walk there with a wheelchair.
Victory retail park among the trees on a sunnier day (Stock Photo)
Once we get to the retail park and Morrisons we first of all go into the cafe their and have an early lunch ( it is 11.40) we both have a coffee and also Scrambled Egg on Toast, it was not to bad and good value for money as it was a large portion, the only downside was that the scrambled egg was made from reconstituted Egg Powder, but it was quite tasty and went down well, although I could not eat all of it, ate most of it though  but not as Good as the Scrambled egg I make a home. anyway we then did our shopping " buying more than we intended to" and then make our way outside tp phone a Taxi to take us home, the time is now 1.30.
Here I am today abandoned outside Morrisons in the rain with the Umbrella
Once the Taxi came, the shopping and wheel chair is loaded in and off we go home. once indoors we get the shopping put away and then I make a nice coffee and Pauline and I have a nice chat for 30 minutes and then pauline goes to sort out my Laundry to take with her and I give her a hand, When Pauline came today she brought my Shirts with her all nicely ironed, " she really is an angel although I am not sure if it is Pauline that Irons them or "Charlie, the black and white Cat"
My Shirts being ironed but by Whom Pauline or Charlie the cat
Well that is pretty much the day over, Pauline made her way back home about 2.45, I had a text from Leanne to make sure all was OK, and my son Gervase will be in to see me tonight on his way home from work, so all I need to do now is get this journal finished, make a coffee and have a cat nap for 45 minutes before Pointless starts on TV. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye and leave you with todays "Date in History" which was the opening of the "Canterbury to whitstable Railway on the 3rd of May 1830.

No comments:

Post a Comment