Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Sporting Saturday

Good morning one and all and here we are on Saturday the 19th May 2012. Today s the start of the Olympic Torch Relay, where the Olympic torch is carried in Relay around the UK. It started this Morning at Lands End in Cornwall.

The start of the Olympic Torch Relay
Another Restless Night.
So That was a different start to my Saturday, last night I went to bed at 10.00 and for some reason had a very restless night, kept waking up every couple of hours and by 6.30 I decided that I might as well have a coffee in bed and watch the start of the Olympic Relay until 7.30 when I decided to get out of bed and go into the lounge to wait for the carer to arrive.
I make a coffee and check the online banking and Jo the carer arrives at 8.30, she is early today as her workload is quite heavy today, anyhow she gets me washed and groomed and then she is off on her Cycle to her next client, while I get back on the laptop to check the emails and facebook before getting breakfast at 9.00.While I am on line I check the Live webcam at Portsmouth Harbour to get a screen shot of Portsmouth as it looks this morning at 9.00 am.
Portsmouth Harbour at 8.55 am today
As you can see it looks like the blue skies are making there way Eastwards from Cornwall as the photo above shows the clouds starting to break up and blue skies starting to show through so perhaps today will be a brighter day after all, at least we can hope it will be. So now it is time to get some "Alpen Porridge" for Breakfast and then get dressed and plan out what I am going to get done today.

So here we are then and the sun is still Shining off and on . It is now 12.38 and heading towards lunch, I have spoken to Pauline on the phone and Also gervase phoned me and everyone is OK and glad to see a bit of Sunshine. I have not been up too much today I have been reading the paper and doing the crossword,s also I have been Watching the Diamond Jubilee Armed Forces Review, which has been taking place in Windsor and has been shown live on BBC TV from 10.00 until 12.40 and very good it was to.

Part of the crowd at the Armed Forces tribute Today at Windsor
That was an excellent broadcast by the BBC and now as it is approaching 1.00 it is time to think about getting some lunch, I think I will have a Egg and bacon Quiche today, so off to pop that in the oven for 20 minutes and then it will be time to settle down to see what movies are on this afternoon. 

Well that was lunch over with, no movies I want to watch on the TV this afternoon so I am watching some repeats of NCIS that I have not seen before so that is OK. However I will probably go to have a lie down later, and try and catch up on some of the sleep I missed last night, so before then i will get this Journal posted and then see how the rest of the afternoon pans out as it is now 4.00 . 

The Date in history for today is the date in 1887 that Oscar wilde was released from Reading Gaol.

The Olympic Torch relay is still heading through Cornwall towards Plymouth in Devon where it will stay overnight,

The Olympic torch relay at St Austell
So there we go then folks time for me to have a nice coffee and an hours nap before getting dinner (fish and Chips) tonight, and settling down to watch the 1939 John Wayne film "The First rebel" at 6.20 tonight. 
"The First Rebel" 1939
so until tomorrow I will say.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment