Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cake and Crumpet.

So here we are on another fine and sunny Wednesday on the south coast of the UK, so I will say to you all............
A Good Nights Sleep
I woke at 6.00 am this morning to another bright Morning with brilliant blue skies. I had a great nights sleep last night after a very tiring and enjoyable day down at Gunwharf with Pauline and also an enjoyable evening down with Gervase and Leanne. Gervase was up in london Monday and Tuesday with work, and got home about 7.45 last night.

Walkies
Anyway I lay in bed dozing until 7.00 before making the coffee and going into the lounge to watch the morning news on TV and also to check Facebook and emails. Jo the carer arrives at 8.30 and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead and then after she has made her way to the next client, I text Pauline and then get some wheatabix for breakfast.
Pauline phones back to say that she is out on the common with Misty for her morning walk and she and Gordon are looking forward to meeting up with everyone today for lunch.

Well After a busy day yesterday, Today is going to be a tiring and enjoyable day as well. I am meeting up with some of the family and friends for lunch at the 10th Hole Tea rooms  at the Southsea putting green at 12.30.
10th Hole Tea rooms
My Cousin Mike Smith has his son Grant and Grand daughter Molly from Kent visiting this week and we have arranged to meet with other members of the family at 12.30 for lunch. they have a very good menu and do excellent cakes there should be about 10 of us meeting up, so I need to now have a Shave and get dressed and ready for 12.30. My sister Eileen and her friend Chris are picking me up about 12.15
As it happens there is a lot of traffic on the roads so Eileen does not pick me up  until 12.25 and then we make our way to the 10th hole. It is nice to see everyone today there were 11 of us there Mike, Grant, and Molly, Pauline and Gordon, Leanne and her mum Elaine, My Niece, Holly and Eileen, Chris and Myself.
Family Gathering at the 10th Hole Tea Rooms
It was a really brilliant afternoon, lovely weather, lovely food, and lovely People. here they all are waiting for the lunch to arrive, I had a nice smoked Salmon and scrambled egg on a toasted Muffin, and it was superb, everyone who ate enjoyed the food and afterwards it was time for the cake. Yum Yum.
oooooooooooh Cakes galore
They have an amazing selection of cakes as you can see from the photograph above. This is their display of cakes for today. I had a very nice but rich Mars bar Cheesecake. and it was very tasty. "Naughty but Nice"

Well I got back home at 3.45 and am tired out but very happy, it has been two wonderful days but now need to rest as I have another busy day of shopping with Pauline tomorrow at Morrisons, so I will say Bye Bye for now and leave you with todays  "Day in History" from 1788

No comments:

Post a Comment