Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Shopping.

And here we are again on another bright, Sunny morning. It was a good six hours sleep last night, and nice to see the Sun streaming through the window this morning, it is days like this that you do not mind getting out of bed.
Portsmouth at 7.00 am this Morning.
Morning Coffee
so there we are then, The Photograph above is from the live webcam at Portsmouth harbour taken at 7.00 am this morning, anyway I laze in bed until 7.30 and then get up and into the kitchen to get the coffee, and then into the lounge to watch the Breakfast news on BBC 1. the news these days is all about the Olympics and the mess that the organisers are making of it. The boob of the day was that the the North Korean Women,s football team walked of the pitch at their Olympic match after their images were shown on the big screen beside the south Korean Flag
Olympic Flag Mistake.
Breakfast Biscuit.
Anyway I settle down with my coffee and wait for Jo my carer to arrive, it is going to be another busy day today as I will be going down to the city centre with Pauline to get a few bits and pieces and then to morrisons to get the food shopping done. Jo arrives at 8.30 and it does not take her long to get me washed and groomed and then she is on her way to the next client. once Jo has gone I get some Belvita biscuits and a banana for breakfast and then send Pauline her morning text.

Pauline phones me back about 9.30 to say she will be booking a Taxi for 10.45 to come and collect me and then we will be going down to the city centre, so I have 45 minutes on the laptop to check emails and also Facebook and then I go and get a shave and get dressed ready for when Pauline arrives. Pauline arrives at 10.55 and we get the wheelchair into the Taxi and then we are off down to the city centre. The taxi drops us off at the precinct entrance in Slindon street and we make our way into the precinct.
Slindon Street entrance to the Precinct  (Stock Photo)
Coffee Break,
The first stop is the bank and then up to boots the Chemist to get a few bits and Pieces, I also need to go into the nationwide Building society and we then decide to have a cup of coffee at the coffee bar in the precinct before going on over to Morrisons to get the main shopping done.

Once we have had a nice cup of coffee we make our way through the precinct and over to Morrisons to get the bulk of the shopping done. It is very hot today so I do try and walk and push the wheelchair in short bursts to give Pauline a break from having to push me all the way. Anyway we get to Morrisons and get inside to start the shopping. It is cooler in here than it is outside so that is OK although it is quite busy here today.
Morrisons in Portsmouth (Stock Photo)
Citywide Taxi
Anyway we get around and get the shopping done and then go and Pay for the items and now it is time to get a bite to eat in their Cafeteria,After Tuesday and Wednesday I decide I need to take it easy with food so we just have a sausage roll and a coffee each, it is vert enjoyable and I also decide "NOT" to have any cake today as I am still suffering from the cakes, ice cream and rich food from the last two days. When we have finished we go outside and find a place in the shade where we can wait and I phone for the taxi to take us home.

Once we get home there are a couple of Phone calls to deal with and also to get the shopping put away, we then we sit and have a chat and a coffee before getting the taxi to take Pauline home.

So that is about it another busy day, there is a lot going on at the moment with the House sale and getting ready to move so it will be nice now to have two or three days rest especially as it is Methotrexate day tomorrow, anyway it is now to sit down with a coffee, put my feet up and "Chill out" so I will say Tatty bye until tomorrow and leave you with todays "Day in History" from 1882.

No comments:

Post a Comment