Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Monday


♬ ♬ ♬ ♬ Monday, Monday ♬ ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ ♬ So Good To Me ♬ ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ ♬ Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be ♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

And it certainly was It was a decent nights sleep and I woke with a spring in my step "I wish" more like a creak in the Joints, anyway I was feeling good and above all the sun was shining and the sky was blue as you can see from the following Photograph taken at 7.00 am. so you can see I was up early " Why you all ask "
Portsmouth at 7.00 am this morning
It has got to go.
 The reason I am up so early is that to day is the start of a busy week getting ready for the move from my 3 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom flat, the trouble is with Down sizing is the amount of things that you need to get rid of after 23 years in the same house. the memories I can take with me, a lot of the accumulated items I cannot. so it is Clear out week this week and moving week next week. 

Pauline the Terror
Anyway I get up at 6.30 as I need to get myself sorted out early this morning, I have cancelled the carer today as I do not know what time they would have turned up as it is Jo,s Day off today and more importantly Gordon is going to bring Pauline round at 8.00 am on his way to work as she is going to start the sorting out of all my accumulated items today so that should prove interesting, we need to sort out what is being kept, what is Going to the Recycling Centre, what is going to the dump and what is going to the charities. 

The green Bin
So that is how the morning is going to be spent, so I get some breakfast before Pauline arrives and get dressed and then I am on to the laptop to  check out facebook and my emails. I get a text from BskyB to say that it is all set to change everything over to the new property on the 18th of August and that I will have a new Telephone number otherwise everything else is the same. Pauline arrives with misty at 8.10 so I make a coffee and we have that and then Pauline disappears  upstairs to start sorting out the bits and pieces and brings bits down for me to check and after a while brings down a lot of empty boxes and paper to go in the green recycling bin so at last something I can do to help.

There is also a lot of items upstairs that I need to look at so I slowly manage to get upstairs with difficulty and sit up there and sort out a lot of boxed games that will be going to a Charity sale. The time is pushing on and in one of the cupboards we come across a couple of pictures that Gervase drew when he was about 4 years old, ( he is now 31) My late wife chris had them framed, so they will come with me and take pride of place in my new home. so for your artistic appreciations here is Gervase,s artwork on public display for the first time.
The P&O Ferry from Dover to Calais. by Gervase Smith 1985/6
J.C.B. Digger by Gervase Smith 1985/6
At 11.00 we stop for a coffee and then I stay down stairs while Pauline goes back up and carry,s on sorting out the items, she is making good progress and then gervase arrives and he goes up and helps Pauline for an hour or so, he got back from Amsterdam last night and has today off work, so he goes through all the books and magazines he had stored here and sorts out the few he wants the rest will go to the recycling bank and the books to a charity shop for either the Rowans Hospice or the Heart foundation. and all the other good items like the games etc will go to the friends of ours who organize fundraising for the "Chernobyl Children,s Lifeline"

Bin Bags of rubbish
Gervase leaves after an hour or so after getting a lot sorted and I get a coffee made for pauline and we have some lunch and then Gordon Arrives about 1.30.  so Pauline goes upstairs to just finish off and then we walk round to Tesco Express with Misty and get a few bits of Shopping  and then back home, we put 3 black bags of rubbish out in the forecourt ready for the bin men to collect on Thursday, there will probably be more there by then and then Gordon takes Pauline and Mist off home. A good days work on Pauline,s Part, she really is a true friend.

Well that is about it for today I am now Whacked and have more aching Joints than a Geriatric Skeleton so I am going for a lie down and a nap before starting dinner later on.  I have not watched any TV today so do not have any idea what has happened in the Olympics today so I will have to catch up with that later on this evening, so until tomorrow when we go out food shopping I will say tatty bye and leave you with todays "Day in History"from 1926.


No comments:

Post a Comment