Monday, October 22, 2012

It's another dull Monday in Sunny Southsea.

Yes that is correct folk,s it is another Mundane Monday here in "Sunny Southsea", The clouds are shinning Brightly through the mist and murk drifting in off the Sea. here are two Photo,s taken from the live webcam showing the deterioration of the weather between 8.00 am this Morning and 3.40 this afternoon (Now)
Portsmouth at 8.00 am this morning.
Portsmouth at 3.40 this afternoon.
So as you can see, it has been a very dull and dismal day today, not a day for going out and galavanting around town, so it looks as though it will be a day indoors on the computer today, lots of silly cartoons and some sensible family history research really. Talking about silly cartoons her is another "Myo Man Dreams" cartoon.


Coffee Time
Anyway back to the reality of the day, I slept well again last night and woke at 3.30 and then slept through until 7.15. lazed until 8.30 as I have no carer today and then thought I had better get up and dressed as Gordon will be coming around about 10.30 - 11.00 to do a bit of Flat cleaning for me, so into the kitchen to get the Morning Coffee and then in to watch the morning News on TV and also to let Pauline know that I am up.

Go "Gordon" Go
Once I have Spoken to Pauline I settle down to have a coffee and some Belvita oat,s and honey breakfast biscuits and a banana + a yoghurt before settling down to check out face book and also check my emails, once that is done I start work on the next "Myo Man" cartoon before Gordon arrives at about 10 45. so we have a chat and a coffee before he gets started, he has brought my Laundry from Pauline, so I get that put away and then take a walk round to the Tesco express to get the Morning Paper.

Well Once I am back from the shop with the paper I keep out of Gordon,s way as he is busy with the cleaning, and check out the local news paper on line. It was Trafalgar Day yesterday and there was a ceremony held on the deck of HMS Victory at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard  where a wreath was lade at the spot where Lord Nelson was fatally shot during the Battle of Trafalgar.
Trafalgar Day Ceremony on HMS Victory.
That was a good Morning so far and gordon has only got the Kitchen and bathroom floors to wash and then he is done so we decide that we will have a coffee and a Morrisons "Gooey treacle tart" before he does them as once he has finished he will be off back home to Pauline.
Gordon enjoyed his treacle Tart
Once gordon had gone I decided it was time to get a light lunch before having a lie down for 30 minutes. Yesterday I got myself a nice small Hawaiian salad from Morrisons with a couple of boiled eggs, it is just about the right size for lunch so I get that out the cupboard and have that followed by a nice cup of tea, although I wish I'd had my Treacle tart after lunch and not before, as the treacle tart had taken the edge of my hunger.
A first class Morrisons salad bar
So that was a tasty lunch and now I go for a lie down for 30 minutes, which turns into 45 min,s as I am listening to an interesting debate on Radio solent, anyway after my Lie down I decide that I will make a coffee and then into the lounge to get this Journal written and Posted on my blog, before getting dinner prepared for tonight, I am having a nice piece of Fish tonight as I did Last night but tonight it is a Plaice fillet with Potato,s Cauliflower Cheese sauce and Broccoli, all purchased fresh yesterday from Morrisons.
Morrisons Fishmonger Counter
Morrisons Fresh Vegetable Counter
Dinner prepared
Well that is how my exciting day went today , did not get any Family History research done but it has been a good day, had a laugh and a chat with Gordon, payed the water bill,  read the paper and did the crossword. vegetable is all prepared for dinner this evening and all the washing up done and put away and now I am going to get this journal posted and then settle down to watch Pointless on the TV at 5.15 and dinner goes on at 6.00 ready for 6.30, and then at 7.00 it is an evening of TV, and tomorrow is City centre shopping with Pauline, so until tomorrow I will say Adios.


No comments:

Post a Comment