Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Thursday Shop.

Early Morning coffee
And here we are again then my happy people, another exhilarating Thursday, It was not a bad nights sleep again last night, not as good as tuesday night but still OK, got off to sleep about 11.30 ish, woke about 1.30 and then back off to sleep and woke again at 6.45. so put on the radio, made a coffee and lazed in bed until 7.45 when I got up, and made another coffee and into the lounge to watch the breakfast news on the TV.

Think cameron is dreaming
Not a lot of interesting news at the moment, one item that took my attention is that David Cameron our Prime Minister is going to announce that Great Britain has come out of a double dip recession, unfortunately he has not told that to my bank balance, as prices seem to be increasing at an alarming rate.

Don't panic jo
Anyway, at about 9.35 Jo my Carer arrives, it is her last day with the care company as Jo has found herself another job , she is going on holiday and then when she returns she is starting her new Job. Jo has been a good carer and will I am sure be missed by her clients and I wish her well in her new job, anyway it will be interesting over the next few days to see who I get as my new carer and at what time they will arrive (If at all). anyway jo soon gets me washed and groomed and is then on her way on her trusty Bike.

Playing games on Facebook
Once jo has left I get some Porridge for breakfast and then text Pauline to let her know all is OK, Pauline phones back to say that she will text me when she books the taxi ti let me know what time she will be picking me up from home to go shopping down town, so I then Phone the doctors to make an appointment for 4 weeks time to follow up on yesterday, as I forgot to do it when we left yesterday and then I get the laptop up and running and check out emails and Facebook.

Pauline texts me to say that she has booked a taxi for 11.30 so as it is now 10.45 I need to go and get dressed and ready for when Pauline arrives. once I have got shaved and changed, I get the wheelchair ready, Pauline arrives with the taxi at 11.40 so we get the wheelchair into the Taxi and off we go Down to Commercial road.  Once there we unload the wheelchair and our first stop is the Superdrug store.
Superdrug, Arundel Street, City Centre. Portsmouth
We have a look round superdrug and then make our way to Boots the Chemist via a short trip through "Wilkinsons" where we get a couple of items, anyway once we are at boots, we take the prescription in from yesterday and I also get a couple of items, chat up the Cashiers and then we go up to greggs/bakers oven to get a coffee and a Sausage roll.
Greggs Formerly Bakers oven. ( Old stock photo)
Having Catnap
 we sat outside to have our snack and then made our way over to Morrisons at the victory retail park to get the weekly shop, once we had finished we then phoned for a Taxi to take us back home, once Home we got the shopping put away and then as it was 3.15 Pauline made her way back home and I went for a cat nap for half an hour.

Well it is now 5.45 and Gervase has just phoned to say he is on the way round to see me so I will now need to get this journal finished and posted before Gervase arrives so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.





No comments:

Post a Comment