Monday, May 27, 2013

A Short Photo journal today

Well Here we are at 5.30 pm and I only arrived home about an hour ago so I am afraid todays journal is going to be a very Short Photographic journal of my trip in the wheelchair with Pauline and Gordon, down to Gunwharf Quays to see the abseiling down the Spinnaker Tower in aid of the "Myositis Support group" UK. run by Irene and Les Oakley (MBE) in Southampton..

It was a very good couple of hours meeting the people involved and I think I caught some sun anyway absolutely shattered now so without further ado I will get the Photo,s of the trip on this journal then have a restful evening, after getting my dinner cooked.
On the way past Southsea Common.

Past governors green and the Garrison Church
Portsmouth Cathedral so halfway to Gunwharf
The spinnaker Tower comes into view
Approaching Gunwharf with the Isle of Wight Ferry coming into dock
A view of Gunwharf Marina
At the base of the Spinnaker Tower
Some of the Organisers
Its a long way up (300 feet)
Don't look down

Nearly at the bottom
Well done to everybody
Pauline and Gordon  with Pauline wearing her Myositis t-shirt
Well I think I caught the sun today.
well that is about it really, It was a really good trip out today and thanks to Pauline and Gordon for putting up with me. There were 25 people who abseiled  down the spinnaker and I was told that they had raised £10,000 from todays event so well done to everyone. well it is now 6.00 pm so I am going to get this Journal posted and will be back with the normal Tuesday shopping Edition tomorrow, I am now going to fall asleep in the reclinerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



No comments:

Post a Comment