Friday, May 31, 2013

A day of Fun, Stupidity and Methotrexate.

Well Hello Baby.......... 
This is the big bopper Speaking, 
Will I What ? Do I What? 
Oh Baby,You Know what I like. 

♪ ♪ ♪Chantilly Lace, And a pretty face. ♪ ♪ ♪
♪ ♪ ♪And a Pony Tail, Hanging down ♪ ♪ ♪
♪ ♪ ♪That Wiggle in the Walk, and Giggle in the  Talk, ♪ ♪ ♪
♪ ♪ ♪Makes the world go round ♪ ♪ ♪

Bring back the 1950,s
 That is what was playing on the local radio when I switched it on this morning, and by Golly did that bring back memories of my youth, Those were the days. "Or were they" ?? I Was 14 years of age when that was released in the summer of 1958, I had just left school and was going to work as an apprentice butcher for Dewhurst Butcher,s in Fareham.

Oh well a little bit of Nostalgia to start the day, and now back to reality, could not "Rock around the Clock" anymore nights now. LOL.

Better Luck next time Frankie
Well last night was a good nights sleep, mind you what with the shopping yesterday I needed to take a couple of co-codamol so I think that helped with a good nights sleep as I did not wake up during the night with any discomfort in my right hip/thigh area and slept right the way through from 11.30 until 8.00 so a really good 8.5 hours sleep, but what follows co-codamol, ! Yep ! you guessed it ! Constipation ! so out with the lactulose today, still it was worth it.
Cat food for "George"
Anyway once I was awake I make a coffee and then take that into the lounge where I text  Pauline and let her know that all is Ok here, pauline text back to say that she will phone me later on, so anyway I get some Porridge for breakfast and have that before checking, out my emails, there is an email from pet Supermarket to say that the cat food that I ordered for Gervase and Leanne,s cat George is due for delivery between 11.18 and 12.18 today, I only ordered it online on Wednesday evening so excellent service as usual, I order the food for George as it is a prescription food for his condition and it is so much cheaper to order it from Pet Supermarket than it is to get it from the vet, it is the same brand "Hills Prescription c/d" and the smaller pet shops do not stock it.

Getting the morning Paper
Pauline phones back about 10.00 to say that all is Ok with them, she is out on the common with Misty and it is a nice Sunny day today with blue sky and quite warm, anyway after I have spoken to Pauline I get ready and go round to get my morning paper at about 10.45, it is very pleasant out in the sunshine today, probably the warmest it has been this year so far, so hopefully as it is officially the last day of spring today then Summer is on the way as tomorrow is the first of June.

Time for a Catnap
well once back home I settle down to read the Paper and get the crossword done, the old leg muscles are aching again today as seems to be the norm these days as I have just got down to 10 mg of Prednisolone every other day ie equivalent to 5 mg daily so just need to persevere with it, anyway as I am not going out anywhere today I can do without the paracetamol or  co-codamol today as I can put up with the aches and I will be sat in the recliner or tidying up most of the day. anyway the cat food is delivered at about 11.50 so that is OK so I go for a lie down for an hour before getting up at 1.00 and having some corned beef hash for lunch and then taking my 15 mg of Methotrexate.

Hello
Once that is all done I settle down with the laptop to check out facebook and to think about getting todays journal started when the house phone rings, and here is how Stupidity takes over "well I can't help it" I must say now that this is actually how it went, I am not in the habit of answering my phone house or mobile unless I am expecting a phone call or the caller display tells me who is calling as all my contacts are programmed in to the phone,s and I certainly do not normally answer a call when it displays as an 0845 number but for some reason I answered the phone.

As I answered the phone I had a male voice on the other end and the conversation went like This:

Him : Hello I am phoning about you recent accident.
Him : Who am I speaking to please.

Me : Sorry who are you:

Him: I am an advisor for "............" we help you claim for compensation for your recent accident.

Me: So you must know who you are speaking to then ?

Him: Yes, but we need to confirm that you are the person who had the accident. can you confirm your name.

Me : Ok, My Name is Mr Fudd.

Him: thank you sir, and can you confirm your christian name.

Me: Elmer.

Him: Thank you Mr Fudd, can you confirm your occupation.

Me: I am a pest controller and work for B. Bunny Pest control services. 

Him: That is correct sir, now how did the accident happen .

Me: The Pesky Wabbit tripped me up, 

At that that moment he must have twigged and the phone went dead. This really did happen this afternoon and it was one of the shortest phone conversations I have ever had.
So I am in need of a coffee and then I need to get a move on and finish todays journal before Pointless starts on BBC 1 at 5.15.

The Mary Rose Museum opened to the Public today and there were large Queues of people waiting outside the gates of Portsmouth Historic dockyard for the gates to open this morning.

The queues outside the dockyard this morning
Well there we are then folks, It is now 5.20 and Pointless has started so I am going to get this journal posted and then settle down for a nice peaceful evening with the TV and hopefully a couple of old movies so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment