Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Relaxation Saturday


So here we are on a very fine sunny Saturday, and after the busy and very enjoyable week I have had today is going to be a day of rest.
Portsmouth Harbour at 8.20 this morning.
Just to start the day of in a jovial mood I thought I would use this little verse  that I heard  once when watching Spike Milligan on TV.
Ophelia

Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
I'll draw a sketch of thee,
What kind of pencil shall I use?
2B or not 2B? 
I thought that was a clever play on words from a very funny comedian anyway as I said it is going to be a day of doing absolutely nothing which brings me to the words of a song by Bing Crosby

Busy Doing Nothing
Busy doing nothing,
Working the whole day through.
Trying to find,
Lots of things not to do.

So that is exactly what I shall be doing today, finding lots of things not to do.

Nearly ready for the day ahead
So after a pretty decent nights sleep I woke at 7.15 and at 7.45 decided after a lot of debating got up to make a coffee and then into the lounge to watch the breakfast news and to await Jo my carer to arrive, at least Sunday and monday there is no carer so those days I can have a lie in. however Jo arrives at 8.20, nice and early and soon has me washed and groomed and is then on her way to the next client.

Daily Paper
Once Jo has gone I text pauline who phones back to say that all is OK and then I get myself some wheatabix and a Pear for breakfast before getting dressed and then heading round to the tesco express to get some milk and a daily paper. once I am back home I make a coffee and then settle down with the paper to read the news and then to have a go at the crosswords and the Sudoku.

Chicken Soup for lunch
Later in the morning I go onto facebook and check who is around and also check out my emails and update my "Myositis in Focus website" and tat brings me round to lunch time at 1.00 pm. I decide to have some chicken soup today with some puff wafer biscuits, it was very tasty and went down a treat, it is funny that during this busy week I have not been eating at my regular times or having my regular diet which has it seems unbalanced my digestive system and I have a bout of Acid Reflux today so out with the Gaviscon today. It will settle down once I get back to my regular eating pattern. 

Once Lunch was over I watch a episode of "One foot in the Grave" one of my favourite sit coms and then go for a lie down until 3.00 pm. That is when the football starts. Portsmouth are playing away today at Nott,s County, so I will follow that on line through the live commentary on the Portsmouth News website.

While I am following the football I start to get this journal written  for today and then get it posted before settling down to an evening of old movies on TV and also getting dinner at about 6.30. tonight I am having a nice tin of minced lamb from M&S along with New Potatoes , Broccoli, cauliflower and mashed Swede.

Well That is about as exciting as it gets today i'm afraid. It has been a very lazy day of doing nothing and I have really enjoyed it and tomorrow it starts all over again as I will be going out with gervase to get the shopping tomorrow, and then on Tuesday shopping with Pauline and Thursday my Appointment with Dr Gibb, my neurologist up at the Queen Alexandra Hospital at Cosham.  and next weekend it will be the Family Get Together. so another busy week ahead.

So it is now time to get this journal posted onto my blog and say Adios until tomorrow. The football has finished and the final score was Nott,s County 3. Portsmouth 0. what a load of Rubbish, anyway until tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment