Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013


Lets Party
Hello Folks and welcome to 2013, out with the old and in with the new. I hope you all have a happy, healthy and exciting New year and if all else fails just remember one thing
It is only 358 days to christmas and we can do it all again, exciting ain't it.

As you regular readers of my daily journal will have noticed is that there is different picture at the top of the blog, this is a view of one of the 3 main roads onto Portsea Island from the mainland. this is entrance off of the M27 Motorway. A new start to a new year.

Well I managed to stay up until midnight to see in the new year, I was watching the live coverage of the firework,s in London. I went out into the street to exchange greetings with some of the Neighbours.


Two Photographs of the fireworks in london 

Once I was back indoors, Pauline Phoned to wish me happy new year and then it was off to bed, had a good nights sleep and slept through until about 8.45 waking once about 6.30 for the bathroom so had a nice lie in again, but must remember the carer is back tomorrow so no more lie in,s for me.

So Today is January the first 2013 and it is my brother pat,s 66th birthday today, He is a avid golfer hence the cartoon greeting for him, I did send him a Birthday card by Snail Mail as well

The Morning Paper
so anyway, up and into the lounge with a coffee, TV and Laptop on and a couple of weetabix for breakfast, not going to be a busy day today so a day of relaxation after a late night last night, although the weather is quite nice today it is cold but sunny, anyway I have breakfast, send a text to Pauline and then I am off round to the Tesco Express to get my Morning Paper.

Lost again at words
with Friends
Once I get back home I settle down in the recliner to read the paper and get the crossword puzzles done when Pauline phones to say that they are all ok and up and she is out with Misty, so that is OK, I finish the crosswords and settle down to check out my emails and also Facebook to see who is around and also to catch up with the "Words with Friends" game, I seem to be playing against a group of very intelligent people, as I keep loosing, Perhaps Mum was right when she said I should not keep playing truant from school.

There is one major event to remember for our family in 2013. On the 2nd of May 1913 in the city of Portsmouth, Edith Annie Hubbard was born, Our Mother. So Mum would have been 100 years of age this year. The earliest Photograph I have of her is at 16 months old sat on a table with her mother Annie Maria Hubbard and he baby sister Lucy Maud Hubbard at 7 weeks old. here is that Photograph.


Sadly Mum passed away at the age of 92 on the 16th May 2005, she was interned at Fareham cemetery in a Double Grave with Dad who passed away in 1953 so they are both together.
Fareham Cemetery
Anyway we as a family have decided that we would arrange for a Headstone to be engraved for the Grave and also to maybe have a memorial service for mum and dad so that will be the priority for this year. So my Brother Pat and Eileen will sort it out as they both live over in Fareham.

A Short Walk around
the block
Anyway that aside Gordon phones about 12.30 to say that they are off over to see Pauline,s Sister Fran today and will be going about 12.00 they are both glad that the weather is a lot better today, anyway I carry on watching the TV until 1.30 when I decide to have a couple of boiled eggs wit 2 crispbread for lunch and also a banana. Once I have had those I decide to have a short stroll around the block to get some fresh air and exercise before going for a cat nap.

Once I have had a lie down for 30 minutes I make a coffee and then decide to get todays Journal written and Posted before getting dinner for 6.30. Tonight I am having Rainbow Trout and Mashed Potato. so nice and easy to do. while I am writing the journal I have a animated cartoon movie on the TV it is Walt Disney,s "The Princess and the Frog" made in 2009. an excellent film.
The Princess and the Frog 2009
Well it is now 5.30 and time to take the Lansoprazole before putting dinner on at 6.00 and then once I have had dinner and washed up it will be an evening of TV. before an early to bed night I think so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s




No comments:

Post a Comment