Thursday, January 31, 2013

What a Brilliant day today.

♬ ♬ ♬ It's a hap-hap-happy day ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ Toodle-oodle-oodle-oodle-oodle-lay ♬ ♬ ♬
 ♬ ♬ ♬ The sun shines bright and the world's so right ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ It's a hap-hap-happy day ♬ ♬ ♬


A happy Frankie
Yes folks it has been a brilliant day today, one of the best days I have had for a few months, it is surprising how a combination of Sunshine, fresh air and a change from the normal shopping venues can make such a difference. unfortunately it has set me all behind with todays Journal so sorry it is late and a bit brief today. 

The day started at 7.00 am when I was awakened by torrential rain rattling on the bedroom window, I thought that was how it was going to be for the day and that the plan to go shopping in Southsea today would be scuppered,  so I got out of bed and made a coffee and then went back to bed to listen to the radio until I got up at 8.00 and made a cup of tea and into the lounge to wait for Carol my carer, the good news is that by 8.00 the rain had stopped and the sky was looking brighter, I fired up the laptop to check out the weather forecast and it looks like today will turn out better than I thought it would.
5 day weather forecast.
The sun is coming out
While waiting for carol I check the emails and facebook (still seem to be locked out of words with friends) anyway Carol arrives about 8.45 and we have a chat mainly about the weather earlier on anyway by now the sun is starting to break through and the skies are clearing, anyway it does not take long to get me sorted for the day ahead and Carol also said that tomorrow she will not be with me until about 9.45 as they have given her an extra client, but that is Ok as Friday is Methotrexate day so I don't go out on a friday, so I am ok with that time tomorrow, so carol is off to her next client and I text Pauline to let her know all is done and dusted.


Getting Ready to go shopping.
Pauline phones back and says all is Ok so we arrange for me to get a taxi at 11.00 to go down to Palmerston Road Precinct in Southsea, and she will meet me there and then we cah go shopping in Southsea today for a change, It is a long time since I have been shopping in Southsea certainly not in the last 3 years, so I watch some TV until 10.00 and then get shaved and dressed ready for the Taxi at 11.00 O'Clock. 

The Taxi arrives at 11.00 and it is one of our regular drivers. he gets the wheelchair into the taxi and off we go to Palmerston Road via the health centre to collect my Prescription. once we get to Southsea He unloads the wheelchair for me and I wait in the Precinct opposite St Jude,s church in kent road for Pauline.
St Jude,s church opposite Palmerston Road Precinct.
Once Pauline arrives I decide to push the wheelchair for a bit and we make our way to the other end of the precinct into Osbourne road where I need to go into the Building Society.
Osbourne road looking East

Osbourne road looking west to the queens hotel at the end of the road.
Once we are out of the building society my legs have just about had enough walking so I am into the wheelchair and we make our way back towards Palmerston road and go into the newer part of Palmerston road and go into a Sainsburys local shop and get a couple of items before making our way back into the main part of the Precinct.
The 2nd part of Palmerston road looking North towards the main shopping Precinct
Once in the main part of the Precinct we go into Knight and Lee,s department store and have a browse around and then go to the 2nd floor where we have a snack in the restaurant. it is waitress service only which is very nice. I have a lovely Gluten free Bacon and lentil soup and Pauline has a nice tuna roll and we have a latte coffee each it was excellent and made a change from Morrisons, tesco or Greggs. once we have had our snack we go and have a mooch along the precinct and make our way to Waitrose to get the shopping. Waitrose is part of Knight and lee,s)


Night and lee,s Department store.
Palmerston road precinct
Palmerston Road Precinct
Palmerston Road precinct looking north to Kent Road
Once we get out of the precinct we make our way into Marmion road and to Waitrose to get the shopping done. we do not have a lot to get but I manage to get some gluten free biscuits, Pasta and also to my delight some gluten free Sausages as you can see below.
Gluten Free Country Fruit Cake
Gluten Free Spaghetti

Gluten Free Sausages
Gluten Free Biscuits
Well that is about it once we are out of Waitrose We Get a taxi home Pauline helps me indoors with the shopping and then the Taxi takes her home, It is now almost 3.30 so I get a coffee made, get the vegetable prepared for tonight,s dinner and then start to get this journal written. It has been an excellent day and has been really enjoyable so thank you Pauline so that is it for today now to get this posted before Gervase comes in to see me on his way home from work so until tomorrow I will say Cheerio.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Frank. I, too, suffer from Dermatomyosotis as well as Polymyositis. I've been on and off with a gluten-free diet since July and dropped 20lbs and feeling pretty good.

    Was wondering if you noticed any drastic changes with your DM when you went gluten-free. I know you mentioned digestive changes but was also wondering if your DM symptoms have changed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main changes have been in my digestive issues, as far as the DM is concerned the only change I have found is that I am not as fatigued as I used to be and also my sleep patterns seem to be improving but that could be down to the reduction in the medication but I do feel a lot more alive than I used to be.

    ReplyDelete